Date: 12 May 18
Playing Games is one thing that kids love the most.
Games not only help the kids do the much needed physical activity but also help them exercise their brains and channelize their boundless creativity - all in a fun way.
However, we as parents, teachers or caretakers for the little kids, all that we know about the games for kids is just the likes of the classic games such as hide and seek.
Kids, as they are, get bored of these games pretty soon, and always look for something new and more exciting. This thrilling nature of kids puts us in a fix as we run out of lures for the kids. But, no more!
Here we bring to you 10 new and fresh ideas for kids games, that are surely going to turn the tables around:
1. Searching & Sorting:It is the simple game that can be played indoors. Ask the kids to search in and bring a number of objects that share a common characteristic. Sorting can be on the basis of color for little kids, or even complex one for the older kids.
2. Racing With Twists:Race is the most classic game that kids enjoy, but it should not always be about running. You can bring in some fresh ideas here as well. Like Lemon race, sack race, paired race, single-legged race etc. etc.
3. Animal Charades:Now this is something very interesting. We all know about dumb charades. Children may not be good enough to play that, but twisting it by bringing in animal characters can b a good idea! Rules are simple - one child has to indicate an animal by actions and sound, and others have to guess the animal!
4. Treasure Hunt:Treasure Hunt is something a step ahead of just the regular searching thing. Write some interesting clues on the paper chits, put them at different locations in the house and guide them through the route to discover the treasure!
5. Indoor Hopscotch:Hopscotch is another classic game, and how! Kids can never have enough of it. You simply have to draw the pattern on the floor using tape or a marker, and you are good to get going! This game not only makes the kids do a lot of physical activity but also lets them have a lot of fun.
The list of new games for the kids can be never-ending one! But these 5 game ideas are good, to begin with, and let us save the rest for next time! Have a happy time with your kids!!
Author Name: Vaibhav Jain